Saturday, May 20, 2006

this post brought to you by the letter 'Y'

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
A meme: Ten words with Y and what they mean to me.

1. whY
...do I garden? I am sunburned. My lawnmower just crapped a spark plug wire. My raised beds are falling apart, my hands are swollen and my back hurts. My penstemon has crown rot and my rosa multiflora chinensis is unhappy for some stupid spoiled brat reason. The weeds are thriving and I lost my sandwort v.'Cherry Pie.' The grass is growing too fast. The Cupressus Leylandii is a giant monster beast seconded only by my tam junipers. The Noble fir is sulking. POOP.

2. Yellow
This is the color of the sun, which I could stand to see a lot more of in my life. I have seasonal affective disorder, among numerous other things, and I have to fight like a rabid weasel just to stay awake during the winter, and to stay in a positive mind space too. Thats why I started this blog...to get me through the last part of winter without going on a shooting spree.

3. Yolanda
This is a name I am glad is not mine. It sounds like something you spread on toast.

4. Yiff
A sound I never, never want to hear. A web search you should never, never do. This is a realm of the sexual that lies right outside my limits of tolerance. Not because it's dirty, but because it's just dorkier than fuck.

5. Yogurt
I know how to make my own yogurt. Do you?
Yogurt is also a main ingredient in my amazing homemade bread recipe that I made up all by myself because I am clever like that.

6. Yawn
I do a lot of this in the winter. I go to bed around 7pm and sleep until someone wakes me up. Then I nap around noontime. I know; its terrible. But I can put myself to sleep with a form of self-hypnosis and choose my dreams and even do lucid dreaming and problem solving; and thats pretty cool.

7. Yale
I don't think I would have had a very good time there. Also one of the dorkier looking heraldic beasts ( but it beats the breast spurting milk all to hell. Hey, look it up.)

8. Yelm
A town here in Washington where J.Z. Knight lives, the dipshit broad who has suckered some very rich people into believing she channels Ramtha, a 3000 yr. old warrior spirit. BWAHAHAHAHAHAH! Yeah, right. She has a horse barn near the main highway that has french windows, gauze curtains and a freaking chandelier in it. Because horses appreciate fine Swarovski crystal.

9. Yegg
A yegg is a criminal. I do not like criminals; they suck. See #8.

10. Yarrow
I grow a variety of yarrow; v. 'Paprika'. Unless I lost that over the winter too. Dammit. Apparently the dried stalks of yarrow were numbered and used to cast the I Ching. R. Crumb, an artist I love and hate, used to submit material to a comic called 'Yarrowstalks.' It must have choked him.





Wanna be a part of the self-replicating thought form thingy? (ie the modern equivalent of the chain letter) let me know in your comments and I'll assign you a letter. I know, I know, that's not how it's supposed to work; I'm supposed to 'tag' you and shit, but how rude; like you don't have a life? So, you know, if you wanna play (and avoid getting cancer or having your business fail because your REFUSED) lemmie know. 'K?

17 comments:

  1. yes the UV lamp is supposed to be good for SAD or if you go to the higher nature website they have a vitamin mix that's supposed to alleviate some of the symptoms of SAD too. I don't know if it works but F swears that their high concentration of omega oils stops his hands hurting when he plays guitar too much and my Auntie J says that their "mood food" complex was wonderful for lifting her depression. Do not try Prozac unless you want to turn into a complete psycopath (ex boyfriend was on it)

    I can make my own yoghurt but it never turns out looking nice - so I suppose I can't make it after all. Lovely idea to put it into bread - I'll give it a try.

    Apparently you can make beer from yarrow too.

    I'd ask to be tagged with a letter but I haven't finished the 20 tracks that CB tagged me with. Can I have a letter and not a definite time frame to complete it by please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wanna play!

    oh, and i'd love that bread recipe, if you're willing to share it. (can i swap you for my no-knead beer bread recipe?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hardhouse: very good for coming out of the shadows, and welcome! I do the prozac thing already, and it helps. the excercise is the key element, i think.
    hendrix: balance the ph with 1/2 tsp of sugar so your yeast will rise. your letter, my dear, is WWWWW. for 'whenevah'!
    cb: hell yes! i'll sidebar ya. we have a buddy who homecrafts rockin beer and your recipe would get LOTS of use!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FN thanks - will do! both the W and the 1/2 tsp of sugar!

    BTW. the fact that you take prozac and aren't (as far as I know) a psycopath obviously means that it wasn't the 120mg of prozac a day that turned my ex into a psycopath. I therefore rescind that hypothesis and put his psycopathic tendencies down the fact that he was just plain insane.

    Cb I want to know the beery bread recipe as well! Post it please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y is for Yay!! Good job.

    You just know I'm off to google Yiff now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, I'm back,,, and educated.

    god, the things a person doesn't need to know.

    thanks buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo, loads of good "y" words here.

    Let's add "yeast infection" which I've noticed is in your "About Me" blurb. Your NOT having ever had one, that is.

    I would also like to add the British word "yob"... an aggressive, violent, stupid young man. "Boy" spelled backwards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. kyah: yeah, you and pandora; you just hadta look, huh.
    CB: sorry, didnt give you a letter! your letter is CCCCCCC!
    mj: i got the yeast infection at the wrong end. which is kind of symbolic. or something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Y = Yellowman, a great reggae artist, a favourite here at Chez Naff.
    Y = Yellow, Coldplay's finest tune.

    I also am a sun worshiper. The winter drains me metally and physically. Shit, halfway thru May and its raining here, and will for the rest of the week. Yuk (which is the end of the Ys)
    Frobi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. qIf you suddenly changed your mind and decided to hear the Yiff, they have soundbites on urbandictionary.com

    That's why I started this blog, too! Escape from the realm of SADD. I could've gone tanning, but I'm not all for cancer and orange skin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How 'bout "yikes"? For context, try this link: http://www.catholic-forum.com/Saints/define95.htm

    FN, surely you can find something here to amuse us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HA HA HA Hardhouse is one of the converts the Beast has brought over to the dark side of blogging.
    Yolanda sounds kinda yodelly
    Yiff sounds like something you would clean ya bath with
    But I like the sound of being a heraldic Beast

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey do I get a letter? I need an excuse to blog. My life's so goddamn boring.
    My mum puts blackstrap molasses in her bread. It tastes weird though. Like toffee.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You cheated right off the bat. Admirable.

    No letter for me, thank you. I'm not a big fan of actually having to think.

    ReplyDelete
  15. frobi: raining here too. torrentially. crapola.
    carrie: do they play dressed as carebears?
    Zip: hey, z-man thanks for the link!
    beast: better than a roast beast
    noshit:ok, chicklet, your letter is KKKKKKKKKKKK. and yeah, update already! geeze!
    fukkit: thats ok, my darling. i would not do that to you. have another Fosters.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous4:22 AM

    Had you never the mentioned the word 'yiff' accompanied by an explanation designed to lure the naive and insatiably curious into your funky ass web searches, I would have continued skipping merrily along my lollipop-lined, sundappled path through life, pyschologically unscathed by images of butt humping pervies in fox costumes.

    stop it. stop it now.


    *Me. Brit.

    ReplyDelete