Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Get a goddamn grip; or, Reality part deaux


ECCO STROPHION!!!!!

This image was pulled from Ebay and shows us a man in the act of exhibiting one of my bras for public inspection.

Actually no. But I think he may have just removed it. And his pants too for some odd reason. Perhaps the weather is a tad sultry where he is. (We will cling to this assumption like barnacles to a rock anyway.) Now in order to make this tatty old bra that much more saleable, he could have upped the ante by describing all the little floaty spots you can see drifting around as ' spirit orbs' and by claiming that this bra is haunted.

But no. I quote from the sellers' description: "Sorry about the spotty picture".

Whatever else he may have (we refuse to speculate) this hairy, naked guy selling a bra has INTEGRITY.



"See! Our superior spookiness has attracted a powerful phantom ally! You cannot defeat our SPOOKY FU!!!"

This photo was posted on a ghost site. We are helpfully provided with two red arrows which point to the terrifying circular anomaly hovering above Bad Devine and Premenstrual Woman(apparently Scary Bathrobe doesn't rate supernatural hoverage.)

Now, what I find most disturbing about this picture is that there appears to be a great weight pressing down on their house which is bending the wall over on the right there like a banana. I think that they missed the REAL picture. I think while they were busy immortalizing their Dungeons and Dragons personnaE a BIG HONKIN UFO LANDED ON THE ROOF. And what would have totally kicked ass bigtime is, if what happened next is that they all started melting and smoking and getting big gross blisters from UFO radioactivity and then some landing gantry things came spearing down from overhead and skewered them like a trio of costumed Ball Park Franks. Now THAT would have been a cool picture.

I used to play around with hobby photography and darkroom stuff. This type of thing just makes me rabid. Ladies and gentlemen, its not a ghost. It's common household dust.

Now maybe Naked Guy spilled the urn containing Aunt Rita and didn't get all of her out of the carpet. Or maybe he lives atop an Ancient Indian Burial Ground. Lord knows, America teems with these; we have to fly our deceased around in airplanes because the ground is so goddamn full of dead Indians. In any event, even if what we are seeing in that picture is particulate human, it is still DUST. And God bless him, Bra Dude may be naked, he may have bad panelling, and he may even be kinda icky when everything is said and done, but the man knows the difference between shit that doesn't exist and a dirty lens.


13 comments:

  1. Me and my Idiot Sisters made UFO pics using the top of mum's coffee pot. They were pretty good. I may root them out and put them up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah! I made it. I've got some friends on the corner of my street who swear their house is haunted. You sit in their lounge and they say "BEHIND YOU, QUICKLY" - I look round, nothing there. "Oh, you just missed a glowing orb, it just disappeared into the floor". Hmmm . . . bloody hippies.

    Congratulations on finally posting pics, it does help those of us with Attention Deficit Disorder. And thanks for the bouquet, unfortunately some of the stems have started to wilt despite my best efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pictures are overrated*. also, i am confused. is that really your bra? what is going on?

    * until next week when i get boradband (maybe) and can post pictures without a four-hour wait and the inevitable pc crash).

    ReplyDelete
  4. or even "broadband". boradband is what they have in khazakstan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:43 AM

    Ooooh! An orb in the pic! Spooky!

    That Surly Girl's a bit thick ain't she? (not half as thick as Frobi face though).

    Boradband indeed.

    And yes, good to see pics. Strange as they are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't "broadband" just another word for "girl group?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. p&t? fuck off. (not really - i miss you! mwah!)


    there, that made you feel sick, didn't it?

    my work here is done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. noshit: totally do it. then submit them to one of the ufo nutgroups...don't forget the breathless tone of absolute redneck credulity!
    frobi: why orbs for the last 15 years i wonder? remember when it used to be wisps of white the dead always appeared as? that jerry garcia...re boo-kay..have you tried a vase with lemonlime soda and an asprin in?
    surly: well, frobi was all snuffly and he made me feel bad. not as bad as you would have felt had that really been my bra, though.
    pig and taz:chummy dry asexual peck on the cheek to the birthday boy! better give him his bday whacks taz!
    mj: it's a mystery, likethe ogopogo and much of the catholic religion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is the man with the bra Danny Bonaduce, formerly loveable ginger Danny off the Partridge Family, currently having about 15 nervous breakdowns in one go on a reality tv show? If so, I wouldn't trust him to flog my old undies on Ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Christ you made me pee. The picture saddened me...'cause there's a good chance my own mother would look at it and see the fucking ghost.

    Ah yes...I come from good stock.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm willing to bet that naked guy doesn't clean very often, and any movement in his house elicits a flurry of dust. Either that, or it's actually raining/snowing inside his house. I have no idea why he is modeling it, but whatever the reason, I'm certain that personal gain is involved.

    I wonder if he comes with the bra? I'd like to send him to one of my friends. She'd be so angry with me, but once she finally got rid of him or managed to put some clothes on him and get him to clean their house, she'd call me up and we'd laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. betty: welcome, betty! and yes, that is in fact loveable ginger twat bonaduce. he kept hanging around on my front step and calling and shit so i figures what the hey, let him fondle the bra.
    elle: we have the same mom. swear to god. sorry.
    carrie: i imagine sanitary conditions are a stranger to chez bra dude. enslave the naked, i say! right on!

    ReplyDelete