Tuesday, March 28, 2006

i explain reality

Some folks out there (not you, my darlings) are continuing to experience problems making that big emotional leap from 'It's SO OBVIOUS that the X Files was real but the government forced them to write it like fiction' to 'There is no Laura Croft really, but I will manage somehow.'

But hey, don't feel bad, you pathetic dork, I am here to help you! So sit down, shut up and let dear old First Nations root around in your brain with a stick.


See, there are things that are true, and there are things that are not. No matter how hard you try to make an untrue thing true, it never will be, no matter how elaborate the buttress of lies you erect around it. The only thing that you will make is yourself look like a moron.

Now. Bearing that in mind, repeat after me:

1. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS VAMPIRES.

Question: How goddamn lacking in self esteem do you have to be to run around in white pancake makeup and fake fangs like Eddie Fucking Munster? Answer: Pretty goddamn lacking. But you are different? You really drink blood? Well gosh, why didn't you say so in the first place? That is SO COOL! Now go slap yourself across the face and drink a gallon of tetracycline you pathetic retard. Congratulations! You're a plague vector. I bet your mom is proud.

2. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FAIRIES

Or Sidhe, angels, elementals, fauns, genie, peris, dryads, naiids, leprechauns, cluricauns, any cauns, kahunas, gnomes, kobolds, ghouls (except for Pickmans' Model; in fact, everything Lovecraft wrote was taken directly from personal experience because I said so) Bigfoot, Mothman, Boogieman, or Stick Indians. Even if they talk to you. That happens because you need 1. Interests other than World of Warcraft and 2. MAOI inhibitors. Fast. Now. Run.

3. YOU DO NOT HAVE PICTURES OF GHOSTS.

It's not a vortex, it's not ectoplasm, and its not an orb, it's you not knowing how to operate a camera, fuckwit. Yes, it would be cool if it were a ghost, but ghosts are bullshit and we can't all be ballerinas, either.

4. THE DEAD DO NOT SPEAK THROUGH PSYCHICS.

The dead are dead. They don't do anything anymore. Psychics? Take Sylvia Brown (please? somebody?) If she could really attract ghosts, wouldn't an aethric Versace have beaten her to death with a handbag by now?

5. YOU DO NOT HAVE AN INDIAN SPIRIT GUIDE. You can have a TV Guide, You can have a Michelin Guide, and in the UK you can even have a Girl Guide. You cannot have an indian spirit guide. You can have a disassociative personality disorder caused by chemical imbalances in the brain, though. **

6. ASTROLOGY IS JUST, NO. PLEASE. JUST NO.

7. AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON FENG SHUI.

My bitchy, innapropriate, rude ex-sister-in-law, rather than seek real help for her many problems, instead paid some lemming to come in and Feng Shui her house. Yes indeedy, that's a little lemming who laughed all the way to the bank that day.


8. OUIJA BOARDS ARE CREEPY.

...and this Halloween I will tell you my creepy, true ouija board story. Now, do I think it's Phil Spector making the planchette move? No. But...

9. RELIGION? GOTTA AGREE WITH MARX.

Offended? Stop reading me immediately. Honestly. I mean it. You will not like it here. Don't forget to pick up your Rice a Roni on the way out.

THERE!
Yew are cleansed!
The eeeeeevil has left you!
Now go fowerth, brothers and sisters, and THINK!!!!

I mean really, for the love of fuck.



* I blame Anne Rice. No really, I do. I just want to puke when an interviewer jokingly asks "Was 'Interview With The Vampire' real?" and she acts all coy like 'oo, if I say too much the Talamasca will put a hit on me!'

**Why do people think that dead Native Americans have nothing better to do with their afterlife than hang around with fat white women who dropped out of high school?

***'Ex Sister-In-Law and the Delusions of Entitlement' would make a sweet-ass name for a band, wouldn't it?

14 comments:

  1. Dude, I like vampire books. Highly amusing. I even read Anne Rice. She wrote erotica. Nuff said...

    And that other thing, Girl Guides! I was a Girl Guide, though by the time I got there we were just 'Guides' and 'Brownies' and 'Rainbows'. Though Rainbows was fairly recent. Sixties, I think. What did Marx say about religion, incidentally? I'm too dumb to know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. He said it was the "opiate of the masses," meaning it was a drug to keep people happy and easy to control. Good on you for actually asking a question rather than pretending you know shit you don't for the sake of looking "cool."

    "for the love of fuck." yes. exactly. the love of fuck is why we do pretty much everything we do in this life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne Rice has gone off vampires and is into religion. She wants Johnny Depp to play Christ in the TV series being developed based on her book ‘Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt.’

    ReplyDelete
  4. noshit: i do too...i read all the lestat books, a couple of the witch ones and even Ramses the Damned (don't bother.) i just DONT LIKE VAMPIRES. geeze, i sound like an episode of Buffy.
    CB: you have a one track mind, i swear. marx, marx, marx.
    MJ: welcome!
    you just made me throw up in my mouth a little, but welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seem to have that effect on people. Can't find an email address on this blog for you. Am I looking too hard?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:28 AM

    This made me laugh and laugh and should be the key entry to define this blog.

    Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. mj: i don't post it because i am trying to cultivate an air of mystery. THATS what that smell is!
    whinger: oo mami, choo makin me bluch!
    cb: ....i mean, give a girl a taste of communism and suddenly shes insatiably collectivist. go take a cold shower, geeze.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So it's not just my failing eyesite. If you ever want to drop me a line, my email address is on my profile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt" is this like a sequel to "out of africa?" and will Meryl Streep play Mary? I can see her now..."I once had a stable in Bethlehem"

    I'll give you all the list except the fairies...because they do exist. If they didn't, then can you tell me who it is that keeps stealing my lighters?

    ReplyDelete
  10. mj: thanks, chickie! i backatcha'd in your other blog that isn't about coronation st.
    hendrix: your red lighter is in the sofa. the yellow one fell out of your jacket pocket and your cat knocked it under where the tv is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. true, i have a one-track mind. but tell me i'm wrong. you know i'm not wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  12. bloody hell FN - you've jsut disproved your own theory...there was a red lighter in the sofa...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous5:34 AM

    I love your list of stuff that we shouldn't have any time for. And here's good news on the "making people think" front. Derren Brown's new series features some fake personality reading. Most of the participants are amazed at how accurate (mostly 80%+) an assessment he makes of them. When they compare assessments, they realise that they have all been given exactly the same text.

    Blew my husband's belief in astrology clean away.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hehehe! Native Americans hang around the fat white avon ladies to keep them company and to slap their paw when they try to snack between avon visits to the neighbors house. Actually I've never heard of this "affliction." Although, it does make me wish I had a fairy-sized native american sitting atop my coke can and telling me how to gut a white-tailed deer and which part would be best to use for my new shoes.

    ReplyDelete