Monday, June 19, 2006

ch ch ch changes

So many things happening!
The Stainless Steel Amazon moved into a new place...sweet, two bedrooms, ON THE LAKE, BABY, in a ritzy neiborhood with a yard for the Goonybird. All under her own steam. My daughter, the engineer!!!!!!!!!
The Playboy of the Western World has decided to go into assisted living!
Well, ok, you knew that.
He has chosen a place!
We went and checked the place out, and not only is it up to par, it is fucking
POSH AS FUCK.
He is selling his house!
HIS HOUSE APPRAISED FOR 50 THOUSAND MORE THAN WE EXPECTED IT TO.
OH MY GOD.
Everyone is on the bandwagon, all our ducks are in a row, fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuckity fuck-fuck.
I mean, FUCK.

The place the Playboy has chosen is in the center of town in an old luxury hotel. This is a place that he used to party at when it WAS a luxury hotel. Some years ago it was completely renovated and the origional furnishings and fixtures restored where that was reasonable. My God, this place is , hell, it's just amazing.
IT IS SURGICALLY CLEAN.
THERE ARE NO DROOLY PEOPLE IN THE LOBBY.
THERE IS A BALLROOM. I mean on top of everything else that is nice about the place, they have a ballroom with an immense chandelier, a full stage and orchestra pit, scenery flats, giant mirror ball, parquet floors...they hold events there, open to the public, hell.
They have a GOURMET DINING FACILITY.
The studio apartments are half the fricken size of the house I live in. Full of light. Wheelchair and walker adapted. Scrupulously maintained. 24 hr. staff emt. trained.
The one and two bedroom apartments are over the goddamn top!
He gets to keep most of his crap.
HE GETS MAID SERVICE.
HIS VISITORS ARE NOT MONITORED.
I could go on and on.
Thank god the man made such a fantastic investement. He probably had no idea that things would appreciate the way they have and I cannot wait to tell him!!!!
________________________________________
And now for the not so good news.
The interim facility he is in is a slum. It stinks of piss, the staff are slack and THERE WAS DRIED PISS ON THE MANS FLOOR FOR TWO DAYS.
I have been head of housekeeping in many places, last but not least the motherfucking HILTON HOTEL in Portland. I know when a place is not maintained. I can tell how long things have been sitting and what kind of attention they get when it comes around. This place needs to be reported and I FULLY PLAN ON DOING SO.
Unfortunately, his insurance has placed him here for the duration of his need, so he's stuck there unless the son of a bitchin place gets hit by a meteor.
I went down to the nurses station and got them shaking their tailfeathers, but they took it with ill grace, despite the fact that I bit my tongue and played nice. The last fucking thing I want to hear is a bunch of whining and excuses. Anyone can make a mistake but as soon as the excuses start my radar goes off. Between that and the state of the carpets in the common areas, I already have a pretty accurate picture of what goes on, which aint much. That and the high number of Altzheimers patients tells me that this is a warehouse-oriented facility.

He will NEVER stay there again. I will resort to arms.

18 comments:

  1. Yay! It's all coming together! I got first comment! I'm happy it's all happening for yaow and yaowers. (Ooh, Brummy) So yah, rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give 'em hell. Somebody needs to blow the whistle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I think of ballrooms why do I always think of The Shining?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really happy that it's all starting to look a bit brighter! Hang on in there till everythings sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "THERE WAS DRIED PISS ON THE MANS FLOOR FOR TWO DAYS"

    I've not been a head of housekeeping but I did work as a cleaner at a hospital. I know if you leave piss on the floor for even 1/2hr it stinks very badly.

    That place sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Give them hell after he has left otherwise they will probably treat him really badly when you aren't there. That's what they did to my poor Granny when she was literally festering in a so-called nursing home - it was awful. Glad it's all coming together for you. Hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  7. noshit: thanks, sweetiepie! its so excellent!
    mj: oh, and i WILL.
    wyndham: because you were so good in that movie. although i wish you had stuck an axe through Shelly Duvall once and for all.
    hendrix: oh absolutely. thanks!
    billy: indeed it does. that plus the smell of ailing humanity and old cooking in this place is enough to gag a buzzard.
    rockmother: good thinking. yeah, my grandmother went through a similar experience. im so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once Playboy is safely ensconced in his palace, I will organise a posse of west coast bloggers to come up there and get those nurses.
    Three days tied to a commode and see how they like it.
    Gamps.

    So happy the gent is moving to such a nice place!

    Oh and No Shit Sherlock? That's pretty good..."fowerty-fower" as my Nan used to say

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad it's coming together.

    In the interim, I would contact your local representative and see if she or he won't open a can of whoop-ass for you. My parents ended up doing it for my grandmother in FL (she has Alzheimer's so constant monitoring and care is an issue)...and I have never loved a Florida Republican before or since, and I don't agree with his policies at all on any level except for the one where you don't screw around with the elderly. He even had one of his aides attend a couple of meetings with my mom. It's worth the shot. Even if the playboy doesn't stay there long, it could have a positive effect for the rest of the residents.

    Congrats again on the house and your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:32 AM

    It just breaks my heart when people take advantage of those who can't care for themselves.

    Don't worry. Karma'll get 'em. In the meantime, I'm pleased that you'll get 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER....It all sounds really cool , I hope the playboy gets out of the dump as quickly as possible.
    How La-de-dah are you'all , lakeside ....ballrooms...maid service.
    PLEASE ADOPT ME

    ReplyDelete
  12. i worked in an old folks "home" for about three weeks when i was seventeen. it broke my heart. it was privately run, and the woman who owned it had a fiance who was in charge of an elderly ward at the local psych hospital that was closing down. when i worked at the home we had 1 (one) trained rgn. the rest of us were "carers". the home got the overspill from the closing ward at the psych place, at a private rent per resident of £300 pw (15 years ago). for that, they got overmedicated by untrained staff, badly fed and generally treated poorly. they were PEOPLE. parents. grandparents. brothers. sisters. whatever - they deserved better. i worked there for a fortnight and shopped the place to the council when i quit.

    i'll end my rant here. hope the playboy of the western world ends up living in the luxury an elderly citizen deserves.

    am i still talking? *switches to gin*

    ReplyDelete
  13. ara: oh no, no bother. i've been spoiling for a good fight for a long time. MORE THAN HAPPY to handle this one, oh yeah! but thank you. you are sweet!
    christine: thanks. if it comes to that i'll do it. and good for you guys!
    whinger: its despicable. but they have made it ONTO MY LIST.
    beast: its great! and hey; i'll take la di da. we all deserve some la di da. will i adopt you? hell no; jungle jane will start gunning for ME then.
    surly: i dont know how you did it. anyway, the Playboy's going to end up living high so I'm happy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its Ok FN I can take rejection , my parents have put me up for sale on Ebay.Can I be your maid instead , I dont eat much(thats a lie) and I look loverly in one of those frilly white aprons and cap(thats an even bigger lie)

    ReplyDelete
  15. beast: how are you in an adult diaper and a tiara? or a horsie costume?

    actually don't answer that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so sorry that he still has to endure that place. Thank god an end is in sight! Good news about his new digs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hopefully he can get into the glamor-filled party mansion fairly soon. At the very least, the playboy will have something to look forward to while being in everyone's personal hell. Someday when I need assissted living, I'm definitely moving to the party mansion.

    ReplyDelete